Named after the Japanese word for “illumination,” the masterfully crafted, award-winning knives in this collection are distinguished by stunning birch PakkaWood handles and “hornet’s nest” blade patterns. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, each blade has micro serrations that reduce friction for clean, effortless slices that enhance the flavor of ingredients. This essential Hikari set includes a honing steel, kitchen shears and a birch block to showcase and grow your collection.
- Shares same award-winning construction as Hikari chef’s knife –named 2016’s Kitchen Knife of the Year at the renowned BLADE show.
- Dual-core stainless steel blades are clad with 71 alternating micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create
“hornet’s nest” pattern reminiscent of Damascus-style blade.
- Exceptionally sharp cutting edges – hand sharpened to 16-degree angle – are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Polished bolsters promote comfortable chef’s grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handles resist moisture and bacteria, and feature low-gloss finish.
- Handles provide superb grip for both left-handed and right-handed users.
- Embossed endcaps add beauty and balance.
- Knives are handcrafted in Japan.
12-Piece Set includes:
- 4″ paring knife
- 5 1/2″ santoku knife
- 6″ serrated utility knife
- 8″ chef’s knife
- 9″ bread knife
- Four 5″ steak knives
- 9″ honing steel
- Kitchen shears
- 17-slot birch storage block
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
Retail Value: $3,000